is a term to refer joint pain and there are more than 100 types of arthritis that are related to joint pain. It means inflammation of one or more joints in our body, which may cause pain and stiffness. As arthritis can worsen with age, it is crucial to managing it at an early stage. Studies show that most of the arthritis patients worldwide are older people and for them, it gets extremely difficult to perform daily activities or even move. However, with the help of personal care service
, one can get immense benefit to lead an independent life. Here, we will explore ten work activities for senior arthritis patients. So, without any further delay, let’s proceed to the activities.
- Walking: It is one of the daily activities that get hugely affected by arthritis of the knee. Depending upon the severity of the pain, the doctors also suggest a knee replacement. There are other more conservative treatment options as well. Seniors, who have mobility impairments, can take the help of canes, walkers, wheelchairs and mobility scooters to walk.
- Climbing Stairs: It is one of those daily activities, which are often taken for granted. However, for older people suffering from arthritis, shifting the body weight from one leg to another while climbing stairs gets almost impossible. For them, wearing foot support, ankle support, knee support or back support can be immensely helpful.
- Kneeling: Pain and stiffness of the hip, knee, ankle, and back can restrict the older people from kneeling and bending. Yet, in order to perform daily activities at home, these positions are essential. For those individuals, assistive devices specially designed with longer handles can help.
- Grooming: It is also important to feel young and fresh every day to stay mentally healthy. The pain and stiffness of arthritis take away every happiness from life and hence, grooming tasks which require manual dexterity can be the right way to improve lifestyle.
- Hygiene: Basic daily activities such as washing and drying the body, taking a tub bath, and getting on and off the toilet can be hampered due to arthritis. With the help of home care specialists, older people can find ease in performing these tasks.
- Gripping of the Fingers: During the course of the day, we have to do many ordinary tasks that require gripping of the fingers, be it picking up cups, glasses, pans, plates and silverware to holding a toothbrush. Personal care experts can help individuals by conducting a set of flexibility exercises.
- Cleaning & Housework: Just as everyone cares about their hygiene and appearance, they also care for taking care of their houses. Sweeping, mopping, vacuuming and other activities get hampered due to arthritis and in such cases, the home care experts assist the individuals to perform these tasks daily.
- Ability to Reach: Studies show that many arthritis patients find it extremely difficult to reach and get down an object from above their head. With daily exercises, they can improve the overall health condition and perform these tasks.
- Eating: There are many tasks associated with gripping and eating is one of those. Picking up a spoon or fork and lifting food to the mouth can also be a big challenge for older people suffering from severe arthritis. Daily exercises of the fingers and wrists can improve the condition gradually.
- Social Activities: Going to places and socializing gets impossible for older people living with arthritis pain. Only the providers of arthritis patient care understand such minute things and help the individuals to take part in social activities by conducting outing sessions.
personal care service providers in Warrington offering arthritis patient care, domiciliary care, live-in care, respite care and more to people of all age. We have a team of skilled and experienced home care specialists to take care of older individuals at home. So, do not hesitate and contact us today for a better independent living.